Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Xmas Eve

I laid in bed all day. I am sick. I am SICK.

I had finally figured out what Sena wanted for Christmas, and I still hadn't bought it yet. That thought alone forced me out of bed (I don't want to make her mad...it will be not good). Nobody was going to give me a ride so I took the bus, the horrendous London Transit Company, to the Oak (White Oaks Mall, for all who do not know). Time of arrival: 5:18 pm.

The mall was closed.

I went to Wal-Mart, which was opened until 6 pm. I wasn't going to find what Sena wanted there either, but I do have 2 sisters who were still present-less from me. Grabbed something for Cecile in electronics and waited in line for YEARS. YEARS. YEARS.

When I got home, I passed out. Not really, since I had a pounding headache which I woke up with. Christmas is brutal. I think I have skin necrosis all over me due to my relationship with my bed. After hours of enduring my headache, I finally pulled it together and got up to get some advil.

When I was upstairs, my family was doing stuff and...stuff. Absolutely no love was given from them. NONE, whatsoever. In other words, I was shunned. Apparently my mom is mad at me, my dad is indifferent, and my sisters just don't give a crap. So I crawled back to my hole downstairs in the basement.

Usually it's like that. I think of my family as a dynasty, of bees. For those who don't know how bees work, the most important bee of the colony is the Queen. Most of the offspring are females and they're workers, also called drones. The males are made differently, which I learned about in a class but have completely forgotten how. My mom, of course, is the Queen/Empress. Empress Kim, I call her. Next is her heiress, Cecile. Sena is one of the drones, busily working away with whatever she does. My father, no explanation needed. I, however, am special.

I am an exiled bee.

No comments: