Monday, January 7, 2008

Been Sick

I've been pretty sick for the past week. Dreadfully sick. I think it was a combination of the flu/throat infection/hating my life. I couldn't get proper rest because of those @$@#% children. School began today and I was totally unprepared for that due to being bed-ridden. I couldn't even find my pencil case this morning.

While being sick, I proceeded to scare myself s*it-less by thinking up all the things that could be wrong with me. It's only natural, as a science student, that I would think like that - I think. Sometimes, I'd manage to get up and lean my back against the wall. When I was in one of those states, I'd just sit like that for maybe hours. I don't even know. I had slept way too much to sleep, but I was way too weak to get up and do something; so I'd just sit like that thinking about how unsick I wanted to be. Also, I decided that taking medication while sick is WAY TOO HARD. I live in the basement, so I have to go up a flight of stairs to grab some advils and a cup of water. Now, how the hell am I supposed to do that when my head feels like 1000 lbs and I don't have legs?

The worst part about being sick is waking up. The throat hurting massively, the eyeballs feeling like they're going to pop out, the congestion, head hurting, etc. It was so hard getting up for school this morning too. I wanted to sleep on the bus, but it was totally packed. The creepiest thing happened though. I was sitting in a seat, and the one beside me opened up. I leaned my head against the window just to close my eyes for a bit and the seat beside me remained empty for a while. All of a sudden, I felt somebody's EYEBALLS on me. My own eyes weren't even open. So I opened them and there is this man staring at me, who had just got on the bus. Guess who took the empty seat beside me? Right. I was probably the most uncomfortable person on the bus for the remainder of the ride to school.

No comments: