Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Workaholic

I've noticed that my lifestyle has been leading me to a life of work, stress, and more work. I realized that taking a day off work, or even thinking of taking a year off of school, would make me go slightly insane. If I have something due or an exam coming up, I can't seem to take a good break; I can't be at peace when I'm not doing something.
I've noticed it with watching TV or movies. I always need my laptop with me, or have some notes in front of me because I can't just sit and watch. Something is always eating at the back of my brain.
I was given the opportunity to take a year off and I couldn't bring myself to do it. What would I do for a year? I would be miserable! That's when I realized that there may be something wrong with that. Most people would embrace the idea of taking a year off to just relax and enjoy life. Why can't I? Am I that addicted to studying? That without studying I feel as though I am nothing? Does anybody else feel this way? Am I on my way to becoming a workaholic?

1 comment:

mistersinister said...

i think you should force yourself into thinking and believing that you DESERVE a break bc you probably do.